TCEQ is Now Accepting Rebate Grants Program Applications!
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is now accepting applications for the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan (TERP) Rebate Grants Program, a simplified first-come, first-served grant program to upgrade or replace on-road heavy-duty diesel vehicles and/orselect non-road heavy-duty dieselequipment.
* On-road diesel vehicles must have a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) greater than 8,500 lbs.
* Non-road diesel equipment must be equipped with at least a 25 horsepower engine.
Tables with pre-approved grant Amounts for on-road and non-road replacement and repower projects are provided on the Rebate Grants Program webpage [ https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/rebate.htmlHow_Do_I_Apply ]. The tables list the on-road vehicle weight categories and model years and the non-road equipment types, horsepower ranges, and model years eligible for funding.
Grant-funded vehicles and equipment must be operated at least 75% of their annual usage within one or more ofthe following eligible areas/counties:
* *Austin Area:* Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis, and Williamson Counties
* *Beaumont-Port Arthur Area:* Hardin, Jefferson, and Orange Counties
* *Corpus Christi Area:* Nueces and San Patricio Counties
* *Dallas-Fort Worth Area:* Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Henderson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise Counties
* *El Paso Area:* El Paso County
* *Houston-Galveston-Brazoria Area:* Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, and Waller Counties
* *San Antonio Area:* Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, and Wilson Counties
* *Tyler-Longview Area:* Gregg, Harrison, Rusk, Smith, and Upshur Counties
* *Victoria Area:* Victoria County
In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the TCEQ will implement special policies and procedures to encourage the repower or replacement of vehicles and equipment damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Harvey with cleaner models. Appendix E of the Request for Grant Applications (RFGA)outlines the special policies and procedures that will apply to eligible vehicles and equipment that have been damaged or destroyed as a result of Hurricane Harvey.
A portion of the funding allocated to this program will be set aside for applicants with vehicles or equipment damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Harvey, and for applicants that qualify as a small business, as defined in the TERP Guidelines. Small businesses are encouraged to apply under this program.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2018 or until all funding is distributed.
Final copies of the RFGA, Maximum Eligible Grant Amount tables, and Application Forms are available on the Rebate Grants Program webpage [ https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/rebate.htmlHow_Do_I_Apply ]. Contact us toll-free at 800-919-TERP (8377) with questions regarding the grant application process. Hard copies of the RFGA, rebate tables, and application forms may be mailed to interested applicants upon request.
_*PLEASE NOTE:*_*The RFGA, Maximum Eligible Grant Amount Tables, and Application Forms have been changed from the draft versions released for 30-day review. You must use the final application forms and refer to the final rebate tables to determineyour eligible funding amount.*